The BlackPoppyRose was launched in September 2010 by Selena Carty. Created to be a symbol that represents the contributions made by the African/Black/Caribbean/Pacific Islands communities to various wars since the 16th century. A symbol that signifies pride, honour and glory, with the hope that future generations will be inspired by these largely untold historical legacies.
Established with the aim of enlightening people of ALL nations, of the African/Black/West Indian/Pacific Islands contribution to history.
To make the BlackPoppyRose a symbol of Remembrance world-wide
To educate and empower through understanding historical timelines
To empower self identity within African/Black/West India/Pacific Islands
- Family Legacies
- Cultural Practices
- Service on and off the Battlefields
- The Women & Childrens contributions
- What it means to be a SuperHero
- The many ways African/Black/West Indian/Pacific Islands have contributed
- Where & How we remember those who have fallen